Welcome to the MTG Website
This year’s MTG Inservice, presented by the Manitoba Teachers of German in partnership with the Goethe Institut and supported by Manitoba Education, will be held on Friday, September 27, 2013 in Winnipeg at Canad Inns Transcona. (826 Regent Ave. @ Plessis Rd.)
We are excited to welcome Jördis Weilandt from the University of Lethbridge, AB, to the Inservice. The theme of "Deutsch sprechen" will serve as a backdrop to the pedagogy in foreign language learning, which will be summed up in a Keynote-Address: "Sprich mit mir!" Specific emphasis will be on successful speaking activities for all German instruction on all levels. We also welcome Wieland Peterman, German consultant for Canada-West and Ruth Köller of Goethe Books as special presenters for our Inservice.
We trust there will be plenty of time to check out resources and materials provided by two bookstores: Goethe Books and H.B. Book Centre. The Keynote-Address will be concluded with a workshop and will be followed by a buffet lunch (drinks will NOT be included in the conference fee). All participants are invited for lunch!
In order to facilitate all levels of language teaching, there will be two workshops in the afternoon for all levels of teaching German: grades K-12/Uni. This day is also a great opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, meeting new colleagues, and sharing teaching experiences with one another. And don’t forget door prizes!
If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Waldner, Inservice Coordinator. For further info you can also contact Karin James, Registration Coordinator, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at MTG Inservice 2013.Ryan Waldner
MTG Professional Development Chair
- German* (jur`man): (N.) A language spoken by 100 MILLION PEOPLE or a quarter of all Europeans as their mother tongue.
- Language that is excellent preparation for traveling to Europe: 38% of European citizens say they can converse in German.
- MOST COMMONLY used language on the Internet after English.
- MAJOR FORCE behind the European Union.
- Language that helps you to meet other
- Language used in the HEART OF EUROPE with interesting people and cultures.